According to their features the cases can be divided into:
Water-resistance is an ability of the case to prevent the water getting inside.
Water-resistant watches have Water Resistant/ WR mark and information about the allowed diving depth given in meter or bar. Not all watches marked by water-resistance can be worn for diving.
- 20 m (2 ATM) - watch is protected only from water splash or rain
- 20-30 m (2-3 ATM) - you can wash hands wearing the watch
- 30-50 m (3-5 ATM) - you can have a shower wearing the watch
- 50-100 m (5-10 ATM) - it's allowed swimming and snorkeling.
- 200 m (>20 ATM) - watches can be worn for diving